Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.10 11/01/08-12/29/08
From: Mzohari 01:28:17 12/29/08 EST
- M'tazamaji, an adult lion
- M'tangalizi, a lion cub
- Wingu, Korzar, and Katili: Mzohari and Kasjari's first litter
- Gadi, Kiokota, Lailen, and Mtatio: Nonceba and Kori's first litter
- Mzohari and Kasjari welcomed their first litter of cubs into the Kopje pride on 11/26/08. The litter consists of two boys, Wingu and Korzar, and one girl, Katili. All three cubs are healthy, thriving, and developing fast.
- Kori and Nonceba welcomed their first litter of cubs into the Kopje pride on 12/26/08. The litter consists of two boys, Gadi and Mtatio, and two girls, Kiokota and Lailen. They are all healthy and are already proving to be a handful.
- Jabali and Ayumi are expecting their first litter within the next few weeks.
- Goddatumba, a young male lion, showed up on Kopje's western border and had a lengthy discussion with Mzohari. Goddatumba and his twin brother, Bakunja, are currently settled in the Pridelands and are considering an attempt to overthrow Mtukutu and take the territory for themselves. Goddatumba asked Mzohari if he and the Kopje lions would assist them, and Mzohari declined, stating that his first responsibility is to keep his pride safe — thus, no matter how much he would like to see Mtukutu go, he cannot risk the safety of his family. Mzohari also made it clear that he will do his best to remain completely out of the confrontation, and will not aide either the brothers or Mtukutu. Goddatumba understood and left with the promise to keep Mzohari updated.
- A former member of the Kumalo, Kiasa, showed up on the western Kopje border — asking several questions pertaining to Kyoko and her current status in the Kopje pride. Kiasa explained that there is a small group of ex-Kumalo survivors that have been eking out an existence, who now wish to emerge from hiding in the hopes that they can be accepted into a pride as Kyoko has been accepted into Kopje. This news was met with caution by the Kopje pride, and a rather irate reaction from Siombe. However, after additional meetings with Kahini, another ex-Kumalo survivor, Siombe's fury was soothed. However, both Kyoko and Sirima went off in search of Kiasa — to see how many ex-Kumalo truly survived and to gather further information. They have yet to return to Kopje. And with no more visits from Kiasa and no more appearances of any other ex-Kumalo members, fear of the Kumalo's resurfacing seems to be fading.
- Due to the possible threat the Kumalo represent, Mzohari began to realize his own mortality and made the decision to choose a 'Second in Command'. It is a new position to the Kopje pride — one that entails no responsibility unless Mzohari himself is killed. If such happens, the Second in Command will step up as King until Mzohari's heir is grown and able to take the mantle himself. And if no heir has been chosen at the time of Mzohari's death, the Second in Command will use his best judgement to choose one of Mzohari's own sons as the next King. After much debate and a talk with Balana, Mzohari approached Jabali about the position. Jabali accepted, with the stipulation that if he is forced to rule, he will do so while depending on the rest of the pride to guide him.
- Khairi has returned to the Kopje Valley after an extended absence. He explained to Mzohari that his mother, Nakomis, had shown up one day while Khairi was still living in Kopje. Nakomis was ill, and Khairi left in order to care for her. Despite his best efforts, Nakomis passed away. Khairi then went in search of his father, Nabana, to tell him about the death of Nakomis. After a long search with no results, Khairi gave up and returned to Kopje. Mzohari told Khairi that the two would have to discuss things further before Khairi can be admitted back into the pride.
- Ironically, the evening that Khairi returned to the edge of Kopje after his fruitless search for his father, Nabana also showed up. Nabana explained how Mtukutu had recently come to him with a plea for help, to remove Goddatumba and Bakunja from the Pridelands. Nabana consented to help the Tsavo King — if it would be made worth his while. Mtukutu scornfully rescinded his plea upon hearing this. The conversation between Nabana and Mzohari was somewhat awkward, but ended in Mzohari wishing his older brother well as Nabana moved back into the Pridelands.
- Nyoto appeared in Kopje for the first time since his hurried and much-frowned-upon departure so many moons ago. He sought out Mzohari and the two discussed the reasons why Nyoto had come. First was the subject of the ex-Kumalo members, as Nyoto had also encountered Kahini. After Mzohari assured him that there seemed to be no imminent threat of a Kumalo resurgence, Nyoto explained that the ex-Kumalo was not the main reason that he had shown up in Kopje again. Nyoto offered an apology for the way that he had abandoned the pride, admitted that it was wrong and disrespectful, and asked for Mzohari's forgiveness. Mzohari gave it gladly and explained that he had long ago put away any anger or bitterness over the incident. Their old friendship was rekindled and Nyoto departed back to the Utatu to reunite with his own family.
- M'tazamaji, a nephew to Balana, showed up on the border with his young son, M'tangalizi. After explaining a recent tragedy to Balana and Mzohari, in which M'tazamaji lost his mate and all his cubs save for M'tangalizi, Mzohari granted the pair of lions permission to rest in Kopje as guests.
- Several characters that had been listed as pride members were removed from the official listing on the MUCK, and have been moved into a section titled 'Idle Members' on the pride's website, due to inactivity. Those members are Lauranga, Zakia, Zymacia and Singa.
Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.9 02/03/08-10/31/08
From: Vikali 12:12:01 10/31/08 PDT
- Olaniyi, a lanner falcon
- Hazina, a pantheress, head of the savannah panthers
- Nikani, a lioness, Manatunde's mate from the Utatu pride
- Msasi, a lioness cub, found by Vikali on the Pridelands border
- Jabali, an adult lion
- Lauranga, a lioness
- Zakia, a lioness cub
- Zymacia, a lioness cub
- Mwaliko, a lioness
- Onaedo, Singa, Jazua, and Yuzu: Mzohari and Kenta's second litter
- Solarin and Nasoka: Mzohari and Nyunya's second litter
- A family of six panthers lead by the pantheress Hazina have made their home in the Middle Ground. Following discussions with King Mzohari, they have permission to live and hunt there. They seem to keep to themselves and will not enter Kopje Valley without requesting permission from either the King or Balana.
- Lauranga, who was like an adoptive daughter to Balana when she lived in Uzima as part of the Natamba pride, has joined the Kopje, along with her two daughters. Lauranga had wandered off from Uzima once Balana left the territory, but she returned following an unexpected pregnancy; upon finding that Balana had moved to Kopje, she followed her over along with her daughters, Zakia and Zymacia.
- Following an evening that brought a small but temporary rift between Kori, Tangaza, and Vikali, Kori went in search of Nonceba. That night, Kori and Nonceba copulated, as was found out a short while later by Kenta and Mzohari. In a fit of anger over feeling disrespected, as Kori had not asked permission to mate his daughter, Mzohari exiled Kori from the pride. Despite Nonceba's and even Kenta's pleadings, the King refused to let him return, so the lovestruck lioness went off in search for Kori herself. In the end, she brought him back. Mzohari apologized for his rashness and Kori was admitted back into the pride.
- While Nabana was on patrol, he came across Haiba, one of King Ghedi's mates who had just given birth to cubs. The King's mate felt neglected and as if she wasn't receiving enough attention from King Ghedi, so she came wandering back over to Kopje to find Nabana. They had had a relationship long before, but Haiba had left the Kopje male for the same reason she turned her back upon King Ghedi. Predictably, Nabana obligingly climbed atop of her. Following the mating, Haiba decided to leave King Ghedi, but not before taking Nabana along as she attempted to take her and King Ghedi's cubs away from the Natamba pride. King Ghedi refused point blank to let the cubs go, so Nabana and Haiba returned to the Kopje cubless. Nabana then came to tell Mzohari about what had happened, but in an untactful move, he told rather than asked the King that Haiba was going to stay in the Valley with him. Mzohari decided that this foolishness was the final straw from Nabana, who had always been attempting to start trouble with Mtukutu, the Tsavo King, and who was now causing trouble with another pride. Deciding that his brother had finally become too unpredictable, Mzohari exiled Nabana. One of Nabana's sons, Tangaza, started mouthing off to Mzohari by trying to blame things on both Haiba and the Kopje King. He was exiled along with his father, though Tangaza was more than willing to go.
- Kyoko and Sirima left the valley to go visit family in Uzima, as they both wanted to see Sumi (Kyoko's son and Sirima's brother), to see how things are for him and for the Natamba pride in general. While Sirima returned to Kopje Valley following the visit, Kyoko, as of the present time, has not.
- Shortly after Kyoko and Sirima went off to Uzima, Ayumi took off on her own. On her travels, she came across a lion called Jabali and the two fell in love. When she returned, it was alongside him. He waited a while to be accepted into the pride, due to being completely unrelated and unknown, but has now joined Kopje's ranks.
- Originally showing up quite awhile ago with two other leonines (Ng'aliza and Chonge) after leaving their original pride, a lioness called Mwaliko hung around the western Kopje border for some time. She eventually wandered off, but ended up coming back moons later to inquire about joining the Kopje Valley Pride, due to the disappearance of her two former pridemades and a lack of compatability with the other prides. After staying in the valley as a guest for a brief period, she joined the pride.
- At long last, the two adolescents Nonceba and Vikali had their first hunt, guided along by Nyunya and Kenta, the head huntress. Through teamwork, the youngest females took down an impala and were inducted into the hunting party.
- The older 'cubs' of Kopje Valley, Nonceba, Kiini, and Kori, have now reached adulthood!
- Soon after, over a period of one moon, the weather in Kopje Valley took a turn for the worst. Perpetual rain deluged the valley, ranging anywhere from moderate to thick sheets, as well as thunder and lightning, and heavy winds were often included. The sun was not seen throughout the great storm. The bottom of the valley became swamp-like and some of the lower areas flooded, the grasses died, and the herds left. By the time the weather had passed on, it had left a small stream carving through the bottom of the valley which can be crossed by a large umbrella thorn tree that was blown down across it; these are the lasting features still present to this day. The stream runs off into the pool at the bottom of the Waterfall Cliff.
- A week into the storm, Vikali came across a lost lioness cub called Msasi and brought her over to the acacia, out of the cold and rain. She rapidly struck up friendships with whoever came across her, though her firmest friendship remains with the adolescent who took her in. Soon after the storm ended, Msasi officially joined the pride. It is now generally accepted by the pride that Vikali has adopted Msasi as her daughter.
- While the bad weather continued to rage, Nyunya gave birth to two cubs named Solarin and Nasoka, who were fathered by Mzohari.
- Towards the end of the storms, Nonceba and Kori approached the King and received Mzohari's blessing to officially become mates.
- During a refreshing break of warm, sunny weather following the Great Storm, Jabali approached Kizingo for his permission to take Ayumi as his mate; Kizingo gave his blessing.
- Lately there has been increased activity with the hyenas from Kisasa, starting with the Patriarch Karove, Shenzi, Baki, and the heir Mwizi visiting the valley for seemingly innocent purposes. The Matriarch turned up before long after Karove had left to shoo Baki away, but Mwizi was seemingly abandoned at the border for a number of days. During this time, the adolescent Baki would return to cause some mischief with the pride, yet she never showed any particular interest in taking Mwizi home. But recently, Mwizi has vanished from the border, and it is presumed that she has been taken back to Kisasa.
- As a final good IC note for this issue, it has been revealed that both Nonceba and Kasjari are now pregnant and expecting cubs!
- Kenta has kindly created a website for the Kopje Valley that can be edited by its members only, located at http://kopjevalley.wikidot.com/, where a copy of all the gazettes posted can be found.
- Balana's granted me, Vikali Kupotea, the position of Kopje Valley Gazetteer in her stead! Starting with next week's V2, Iss.1, the Gazette shall be released weekly once more.
- Lastly, a big big thank you to our glorious King Mzohari for filling me in on some of the details I knew next-to nothing about!
Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.8 01/27/07-02/02/08
From: Balana 22:50:41 02/02/08 PST
Edited by: Balana 19:54:37 02/03/08 PST
- Mdhamana, a lion, former member of the Natamba
- Manatunde, a lion, son of Mtunga, Zephra's brother
- Rhogali, son of Mtunga, half-brother of Zephra and Manatunde
- Mzohari encountered at the border, and had a rather unpleasant exchange over whose fault it was that neither party had been in contact since Zephra and Nyoto left. Kenta's meeting up with her was a little more subdued, but not exactly pleasant either. Same with Balana's, and Balana gave her permission to stay as a guest, but it would be up to the pride as to whether she was accepted back as a part of it, and that Zephra was to expect a certain amount of mistrust for the way she left, but hopefully over time it would wear off.
- Nabana wandered over into the Pride Lands and overheard Hamaki telling the story of a curse from her old pride, now claiming to be the guardian of the curse. One of the youths appeared to be possessed. Hamaki also claimed that the curse was now out to make the Pride Lands great at the expense of the neighboring lands, and that it had already caused the downfall of Utatu.
- Mdhamana returned to the valley and made up with Balana. He's tended not to associate with the pride much, and so far has done little except bring her an ill-timed flower.
- Manatunde and Rhogali, two of Mtunga's sons from Utatu, showed up at the border. Manatunde reported that the last of the herds had moved on out of the upper valley, and the water in Utatu had gone bad for an unknown reason. Mdhamana's ill-timed flower was brought in at this point. Manatunde was in poor shape and requested a place to rest and recover. Balana told he and Rhogali that she would have to talk to Mzohari before allowing them into the valley.
- Nadhifu showed up on the rear border, encountering Nabana and Tangaza. After Nabana refused to let him pass, Nadhifu grabbed Tangaza and continued on towards the waterfall with him with Nabana following at a small distance. Tanga struggled and managed to puncture Nadhifu's eye, prompting Nadhifu to shake him and smack him against the ground. Nabana, thinking he'd just witnessed Tanga's murder, attacked Nadhifu. After a brief scruffle on the border (which got Tanga from Nadhifu's grasp) Nadhifu got away to the waterfall and up to the promontory, near where Vikali was hiding in the caves with Balana. Nabana snagged Tangaza and put him at the base of the cliff before going after Nadhifu, who found Khairi, Balana, and Vikali in the caverns. He attempted to go after Balana, but Nabana attacked and killed him. Balana and Khairi were minorly injured in the fray, with Kizingo showing up shortly after.
- Siombe and Balana were given Elder status!
- Looks like the cubs are starting to age!
Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.7 01/20/07-01/26/08
From: Balana 18:24:06 01/30/08 PST
- Nadhifu, a lion, supposedly Vikali's uncle
- Zephra, a lioness, cousin to Mzohari/Kizingo/Nabana, former member of the pride
- Nyanko, a juvenile lion, Zephra's son
- Epsi, an african swallow, friend of Vikali
- A lion claiming to be Vikali's uncle showed up on the border. Epsi came and got Kizingo and brought him to the border. About the same time, Balana chased Khairi up to the border as well. There they found Vikali in the tree on the edge of the valley with Nadhifu below. Kizingo and Balana both warned him, but he kept knocking into the tree until Vikali fell out onto his back. Khairi attacked his hindleg and Kizingo rammed him into the tree, sending Vikali onto the ground. Balana retrieved her, Kizingo backed off and retrieved Khairi, and they escaped into the valley. Khairi was knocked out and Kizingo received an injury to the hindquarters as a result.
- Zephra returned to the valley. She ran into Nabana on the border, telling him the reports of Utatu being essentially dead were correct, and that she wanted to return. No word on if Nyoto plans to do the same. Further contact with the pride has yet to be made, but it is not shaping up to be a warm reunion.
- Midori brought news that Sumi and Ghedi stepped up as co-kings of the Natamba, and Sumi's cubs were due soon. Sirima, Balana, Kyoko, and Ayumi are planning a trip to the Uzima to send congratulations, visit, and send word about Darka. His presence may also be mentioned to the Tsavo at Pride Rock.
- History is being rewritten! Sirima and Kizingo were never actually mates, but rather had a cubhood crush and a fling while on their journey. Ayumi is still Sirima and Kizingo's daughter, but since Kizingo's return from their journey, they've both been single, though Kizingo has taken an interest in Tarikhi.
Keep active everybody!
Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.6 10/07/07-01/19/08
From: Balana 19:02:53 01/18/08 PST
Edited by: Balana 00:06:04 01/21/08 PST
I've fallen rather behind on this thing. >.> Well, I'll do what I can.
- Nyathi, a lion, granted permission to visit the valley
- Mashaka, a lion, Balana's half-brother, son of former king of the Kopje Valley Mohatu
- Kwa'moyo, a lioness, Mashaka's mate
- Aziza, a lioness, returned Matoke from the Pride Lands
- Makaburi, an ethiopian wolf, has been close to Vikali
- Kousho, a panther cub, friend of Vikali
- Nakomis/Khairi: Khairi ran off, Nakomis tracked him down
HAVEN'T BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE:
- Kiado/Jespah/Raz'ki: See Iss.1
- Vikali decided to stay and joined the pride.
- Balana's brother Mashaka came to visit the valley and has turned into somewhat of a long-term visitor due to the fact that Utatu is all but dead. His mate Kwa'moyo found her way to the valley and had something of an outburst at Mashaka for not keeping track of their daughter. She also was less than kind to Mzohari. She calmed down afterwards, and hasn't been any more trouble.
- Nakomis returned with Khairi in tow. Khairi had apparently ran off, and determined not to lose any more cubs, Nakomis took off to track him down and bring him back.
- A young ethiopian wolf by the name of Makaburi had been hanging around the valley, especially around Vikali. Got into something of a conflict with the Alpha female of the Shekwon pack, and protected Vikali from a couple of attacks. He also insisted on reporting to Balana and Mzohari about anything he saw on their borders that he missed, and disrespected Nabana. Finding him to be more of a nuisance than a help, Mzohari more or less dismissed him. Hasn't been seen around the valley in a while.
- A panther by the name of Doppo has been seen around the valley from time to time. First attempted to get Vikali to go to his home when Makaburi was present, later took her there to get her out of the rain, but brought her back. Balana found him bringing some food for Vikali. He was very polite, but not exactly felt to be the most trustworthy at this point in time.
- Simba hasn't been seen active in the valley very much. A lion named Kiamba showed up looking for him, claiming to be his brother and saying to tell Simba it was a family matter. Only one encounter, hasn't been seen since.
- Numerous cub outings to various lands, primarily Vikali, Kiini, and Matoke. Vikali wandered off to Uzima. Balana and Mzohari went to retrieve her, and found her in the Pride Lands. They stopped in to catch up with Mtukutu on the way, hearing that Sumi had taken Mtukutu's daughters as mates and is expecting cubs with them. Kiini had gone to Shekwon, and Mzohari found him returning. Matoke wandered off to the Pride Lands, and was returned by a young lioness named Aziza. All three were punished for their wanderings.
- A lion by the name of Darka has been seen hanging around the valley from time to time, apparently desiring passage through. Up to this point, he's been little more than a nuisance, and was present when Balana and Mzohari retrieved Vikali from the Pride Lands. It's possible he's wanting to cause more trouble, but so far has been relatively diplomatic.
- Not much here. Life has been busy. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up enough to update every two weeks/month or so. Let me know if I missed anything!
Don't have anything else for now. Happy RPing!
Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.5 09/16/07-10/06/07
From: Balana 15:42:29 10/03/07 PDT
Edited by: Balana 07:50:51 10/06/07 PDT
I'm going to be out of town this weekend, and we've had some things happen, so I figured I'd update a little early. :)
- Vikali, a juvenile lioness who Balana and Tangaza found on the border (See Iss. 4)
- M'tazamaji, a lion, Balana's adoptive nephew
- Sarafina, a lioness, one of the lionesses here with Simba
- Kyoko/Sirima/Ayumi: Went on a lengthy journey
- Kia: Not sure yet.
HAVEN'T BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE:
- Nakomis/Kiado/Jespah/Khairi/Raz'ki: See Iss.1
- Makan, a young lion rogue from the White Lands, made a brief visit and spent some time with the other youth, especially Vikali. Balana and Vikali ran into him while on a walk. While returning with the sleeping Makan, they ran into a lion, Kadesh, who couldn't remember where he was from or where his pride was, who seemed friendly enough, and let them go on their way.
- Simba spoke to Balana about retaking the Pride Lands, essentially saying he would do it with only the lions involved if possible, but he didn't know how honorable the lionesses were. Balana told him that even if Mzohari and Nabana agreed to help, he shouldn't count on help from the lionesses of Kopje. Simba also made it clear that he was in no hurry to retake the Pride Lands if he didn't have enough backup to do it with.
- Balana ran into M'tazamaji on the border, and eventually came to realize he was her adoptive nephew. Seeing as he really had nowhere else to go and nobody else to associate with, she invited him to rest within Kopje for a little bit.
- Mtukutu and Jabari made a visit to make a request of Kopje. Nabana and Kizingo spoke with them. Mtukutu first told Nabana that Tangaza had snuck over to the Pride Lands again searching for a healer for Vikali, at which Nabana was less than pleased. Mtukutu said that he had told Tangaza to return home when he woke up next. He then went on to say that he had a report that Tahzhoo was laying dying, because he and the Natamba had been attacked by a lion or lions, and requested help from the Tsavo, which Mtukutu was going to give if possible since his daughters were there, but he wanted Kopje's help in defending Pride Rock for a few days while he was gone. Surprised, but for some reason willing, Nabana told Mtukutu he would be there if possible. Kizingo, in the meanwhile, took off for Uzima to see if he could help.
- After the encounter, Nabana located Weupe and asked him to help defend the lands while he was away, and then asked Mzohari what he thought. Mzohari was also shocked that Mtukutu would ask such a thing of Nabana, but ultimately told him to go ahead and go to the Pride Lands, and to learn what he could about how big their pride was and how things were run there.
- Kyoko, Sirima, and Ayumi returned while Mzohari, Balana, and Nyunya were there. Little was said about what happened, but they had apparently been on a journey and asked Kucha's daughter Midori to fill in the Kopje members, which wasn't done. So far, it is unknown just where they've been and what they've been up to, but they reasserted themselves as members of the Kopje Pride under Mzohari's rule.
- Nabana came back from the Pride Lands after hearing from Mtukutu that while the reports on a large lion attacking the Natamba are correct, Tahzhoo is very much still alive, and only slightly injured. The Natamba made arrangements for the lion not to attack them again, but made no provisions for the other prides in the area, so the Tsavo and Kopje prides may still be at risk.
- Nabana's scene with Usafidi is still not done. (See Iss. 4)
- Tahzhoo is not dying, nor is he in any sort of mortal peril. Reports were highly exaggerated.
- Welcome back to Sirima and Kyoko! I think the IC story is that Kyoko took Sirima and Ayumi off to view the Kumalo lands from a distance, but exact details are not quite set in stone yet.
- Kizingo apparently dumped Sirima, but it's not really public knowledge at this point in time.
That's all I got. Stay cool, and keep RPing!
Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.4 09/02/07-09/15/07
From: Balana 14:00:24 09/15/07 PDT
Edited by: Balana 00:05:50 09/16/07 PDT
There wasn't a whole lot to say last week, so here's the news for last week as well as this week.
- Kori, a young lion from a small pride who Nonceba found on the border
HAVEN'T BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE:
- Sirima/Kyoko/Kia/Nakomis/Ayumi/Kiado/Jespah/Khairi/Raz'ki: See Iss.1
- Tangaza's excursion into the Pride Lands and asking Mtukutu to apologize to Nabana has been made public knowledge (see Iss.2) as has his incident involving the meerkat burrow on the border and his actions leading to the death of Leitana (see Iss.3).
- Nabana, somewhat shaken up by the events with Tangaza, apologized to Mzohari for his foolish behavior, and appears to be in better spirits, as well as having patched things up with his brother.
- Nonceba stumbled across a juvenile lion, Kori, on the border of the lands (bordering the White Lands). His father ruled a small pride consisting of his mother, his aunt, and two other lionesses. He, his mother, and his aunt got separated from the rest of the pride and ended up chased by hyenas that presumably killed his mother, and he ended up on Kopje's border where he was found hollering for help by Nonceba. Nabana heard their cries and came to see what was up. After resting there for the night and speaking to Mzohari the next day, Kori has been allowed to stay. Nabana and Mzohari went searching the neutral territory near the White Lands for any sign of hyenas and have found nothing.
- Tangaza and Balana encountered a juvenile lioness, Vikali, on the Tsavo border. She got separated from her pride and has been wandering for a while. She mentioned the name of her pride and the king, but it's not anybody that was recognized. She may or may not hang around Kopje.
- Jabari and Kacela of the Tsavo stopped by the border for a visit, Kacela with her two cubs Kacilu and Mtulu. Jabari didn't have much to say. Kacela's cubs played with Tangaza, Nonceba, and Kori, and Kacela spent the night because it was rather late to head back to Pride Rock with the cubs.
- Nabana decided to venture on into the White Lands searching for any further signs of hyenas. He's apparently stumbled upon Usafidi instead, who ran off some time ago, but whose presence was not apparently missed. This RP is still in progress, so what is known ICly and how it plays out remains to be seen.
That's all that I know of thus far. It's been pretty quiet around the valley, which I'd like to see changed! Keep RPing!
Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.3 08/26/07-09/01/07
From: Balana 12:59:40 09/01/07 PDT
Hey all! Time for another weekly update. Not a lot, but here's what I know.
HAVEN'T BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE:
- Sirima/Kyoko/Kia/Nakomis/Ayumi/Kiado/Jespah/Khairi/Raz'ki: See Iss.1
- Kucha stopped in and talked to Mzohari for the first time in a long time. He delivered news that Tahzhoo had let Sumi and Ghedi step up unofficially into the pridal leader role. Deciding that since relations with the Tsavo were pretty unstable, Utatu was all but gone, and Sumi had always seemed friendly, Mzohari figured he'd go over to the Natamba for some diplomacy talk with Sumi and possibly Ghedi. Mzo has since returned, but how those talks went are unknown.
- A meerkat burrow up on the edge of the valley has been dug up, with signs of a scuffle, as well as some blood streaks across the ground. They would smell of a female meerkat and a young male lion (recognizable to those familiar with the scents as those of Leitana and Tangaza respectively). In addition, any who see Tangaza would note what appear to be bite wounds from a small animal on his nose, ear, several on his forepaws and forelegs, as well as one on the underside of his foreleg.
- Tangaza's excursion into the Pride Lands and Kizingo's taking Tarikhi as his mate (see Iss.2) are still not public knowledge.
- The situation with the meerkats on the edge of the valley led to Leitana's death. (Nondo was the other meerkat that Tanga was fighting.) Her mate, Khichaa, subsequently found out and was calling Tanga a murderer as Nabana attempted to verbally defend his son, but the RP has not finished, so the exact details of what happened are not public knowledge yet.
Thanks to Nafsi'hiliki for the positive words, and as I said before, if anybody has anything to add that I missed or didn't hear about feel free to post here or mail me or come RP (presuming my RL is not being a pain)!
Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.2 08/19/07-08/25/07
From: Balana 09:38:26 08/23/07 PDT
I'm hoping that this will become a weekly thing that I'll either update throughout the week or write on Saturday for the week prior, so here's the first in more 'standard' format.
- Simba, a nomadic lion who claims that he's the native son of the Pride Lands and has been allowed to rest on the border
- Nala, Simba's mate who has previously been to the valley with Kizingo
HAVEN'T BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE:
- Sirima/Kyoko/Kia/Nakomis/Ayumi/Kiado/Jespah/Khairi/Raz'ki: See Iss.1
- Mzohari has been settling into his kingship role, and is working on figuring out how the lionesses should be lead. Thus far he and Balana have discussed her successors, but have not made any decisions yet. Rumor has it that a hunt mistress may be named before a queen.
- Simba has requested Kopje's help in retaking the Pride Lands. Details have not been discussed, but the assumption is that he wants Mzohari and Nabana to help him fight Mtukutu and Jabari. A few of the lionesses have discussed it and are not too keen on the idea without some really good reasons by Simba as to why they should help him.
- Tangaza made a little excursion into the Pride Lands that once again brought Nabana and Mtukutu face-to-face after Nabana went after his son, but it has not yet been made public knowledge.
- Kizingo has taken Tarikhi has his mate, though this is also not yet in public circulation.
- It's the time of year again when we bid a fond farewell to summer and unfortunately start classes again. For some people this means decreased connection times, but for others it means a return to RP after having taken the summer off.
- The valley's been a little bit slow as of late. Let's get things going again and generate some RP! We've got an opportunity to have some interesting encounters with the neighbors, FCs, and pridemates as the new king decides what to do, so let's take advantage of it!
Feel free to make your own posts if I've missed anything, or give me a muckmail if I should add to this!
Kopje Valley Gazette - V1, Iss.1 05/01/07-08/18/07
From: Balana 21:32:12 08/22/07 PDT
This is just kind of an initial post to sum up things that have happened over the past several months/summer for those of you who might not be caught up. A small summary of just what's been going on and whatnot.
- Mtala, a former rogue who has since joined the ranks of Kopje
- Matoke, Nabana's granddaughter via his daughter Jayla
- Tarikhi, a friend of Matoke's who brought her to Kopje
- Weupe, Balana's grandson via her son Shaujo
HAVEN'T BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE:
- Sirima/Kyoko: Last seen venturing into the Pride Lands
- Kia/Nakomis: Unknown
- Ayumi/Kiado/Jespah/Khairi/Raz'ki: Inactive youth
- Nyoto and Zephra's departure to Utatu. They were frustrated at the time, and made a quick exit, only speaking to Balana on the way out, citing that things were too negative and that they wanted to raise their cubs somewhere more positive. Spoke of possibly returning to speak to others and explain things, but as of yet has not happened.
- Matoke and Tarikhi's arrival in Kopje. Tarikhi brought Matoke to Kopje because Matoke's mother became unable/unwilling to care for her. (According to Matoke, "Momma went nuts.") The pair have started to settle well and may join up with the pride.
- A few run-ins with the Tsavo pride. The first one involving Mzohari and Nabana encroaching on the waterhole and scaring off Mtukutu (with Sirima and Kyoko as witnesses, at which point Kyoko went after Mtukutu and hasn't been seen since), the second involving Jabari entering Kopje and marking a bush before being chased out, the third Nabana bothering one of the Tsavo lionesses on the border, at which point Balana went to Pride Rock and smoothed things out with Mtukutu. After she hadn't returned for a few days, Mzohari ventured after her, and ended up helping she and Sumi kill Chilo, one of the members of the Plains Pride that is after Hamaki's bloodline.
- Siombe gave a small speech to the gathered pride before passing the mantle on to Mzohari alone. Speculation is that this decision was made based off of Nabana's behavior in the Pride Lands involving the Tsavo pride, though remains unconfirmed. Siombe has continued to remain elusive, mostly lurking inside his cavern with minimal visitors.
- Kopje officially became a pride, with Mzohari named as its king, with a grand total of 15 members.
- Those who haven't been seen in a while as listed above were not added to the pride list. At this point, it is presumed that the adults have not been hanging around Kopje, and that the cubs haven't been very active.
That's all I've got for now. Happy RPing everybody!